When I joined Weight Watchers in the winter one of the biggest foods I struggled with was Pad Thai. I love Pad Thai. My intake of Pad Thai has been compared to… well, not flattering things. To give perspective, I may have mentioned how awesome and entire bathtub of Pad Thai would be. So, on my weight loss journey I had to keep figuring out ways to eat tons and tons of this without breaking my diet. One recipe I’ll share at another time involves using spiralized zuchinni to add bulk with less calories. This one, more for summer, involves turning Pad Thai into a tasty salad.
Ingredients & Instructions:
- ¾ cups rice noodles, cooked
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Cook according to your package directions, toss with sesame oil so noodles don’t stick together. Chop the noodles a bit so they are about 2 inches or so long. Set in large mixing bowl.
- ½ cup chopped zuchinni
- ½ cup sliced onion
- ¼ cup red bell pepper
- (I’ve also added seasoned tofu in here…)
- Sauté using short burst of cooking spray. Place in mixing bowl.
- 3 cups chopped lettuce (any variety of greens you like, but I always try and have some iceberg lettuce for crunch)
- Add to mixing bowl.
- 3 Tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey or other sweetener
- 1 teaspoon sriracha (or more to taste)
- 3-5 Tablespoons of warm water (to reach dressing consistency)
- Mix together, add water slowly to reach desired consistency.
- Toss all of the ingredients together in the mixing bowl. Garnish with green onions, cilantro, lemon or lime wedges and extra sriracha…