In the spirit of fall and everything pumpkin, I was in the mood to make a pumpkin-based fall soup. This has pumpkin as the base with coconut milk to make it creamy, and then chickpeas to make it more substantial for a meal.
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
- crushed ginger to taste (I used about a teaspoon of paste)
- 1-2 Tablespoons of Garam Masala
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 400 ml coconut milk (can)
- 250 ml of vegetable broth
- 1 540 ml can chickpeas, drained
- 2-3 teaspoons of salt (add to taste)
Sauté onion until soft. Add Garam Masala and continue to cook for another minute. Add garlic and ginger and cook one more minute. Mix in pumpkin puree followed by the coconut milk and vegetable broth. Bring soup to a boil and add chickpeas. Simmer for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, adding salt and adjusting seasonings to taste.